Somehow I got wrangled into making a backpack for one of my Mom's church friends. This was harder then you might think because I was given the instructions: blue. Wow, there are so many different blues! This is what I ended up with. I did ask for help with the choosing of the fabrics.
Then, there was the putting it together. It was not hard but probably not the way I would have put it together. I would also have cut some of the pieces different shapes, like the flap for the opening.
But I liked how it turned out. The straps are adjustable because you tie them at the bottom. I would have changed the top for me but that would have required grommets.
I would also have wanted more coverage for the opening but I followed the pattern.
I would also have probably used a buckle or a different closure for the flap. But I am hard on backpacks.
I hope the person likes it. I am delivering it next week. If I were to make it again, I already mentioned some of the changes I would have made. I also think I would go thrift store shopping and see what I could find in weather proof fabric. I use backpacks and weather proof matters.