Now that I made silk ribbons, I wanted to try dyeing them. I pulled out some hibiscus we have for tea and put it to boil with a bit of water, salt, and vinegar.
I then let the ribbons simmer for about 15 minutes when the mixture came to a boil. I wanted colour but not too much colour. Pale.
Pulling the ribbons out of the dye bath I thought they might be too dark but knew I needed to wait until they dried.
They turned out this antique type pink. There is a bit of marble going on. I learned the hard way they are not color fast for a bit of steam and green comes up but I do like them. Next time I may try for a paler, paler pink. There will be a next time.
I pulled out a bit of cotton batiste that I have had in my stash for much too long. And the extra bits of lace from the lace chemise got cut up and added. I have a hard time wasting any bits of lace.
It is not the most finished chemise to ever be made. But I used what I had and had a blast. It was fairly successful which I definitely needed. Too many unsuccessful projects recently. I will say that I am now thinking about crocheting my own lace. Like I need another craft.
The mountain awaits next week so I will not be in this space for awhile. I am coming back with a Koda Bear and I am very pleased. I just wish to take too many projects with me! When I come back, the Teahouse may be transformed into a dye studio. I have already been told some of what I am "cooking" does not smell very good and then if ribbons need to soak for 24 hours! Comments are made.
Maybe I will come back with a finished project. Like a sweater! Or yarn spun!